Cross Country is a team sport in which every scoring member may significantly impact a race’s outcome. Competing mainly on Saturdays, the Wyverns cross country program holds itself to a high standard and emphasizes consistent training and an inclusive team community.
The team runs across our beautiful campus, around the greater Hartford community, and at the local West Hartford Reservoir, a 3,000-acre forested area with woodlands and trails. Competing at the highest level of NEPSAC and in the Founders League, the program consistently toward the top of Division III NEPSTA. Kingswood Oxford also co-hosts the championships with Canterbury School.
All Kingswood Oxford athletes have access to our 33-acre campus, with multiple playing fields, an artificial turf field, a multi-purpose fieldhouse, a yoga studio, and two fitness centers. Certified athletic trainers are on hand every day to ensure the health, well-being, and development of every student-athlete. Every team also reflects the school’s core values, demonstrating honesty, integrity, and respect, learning with passion, and caring beyond self.
- Opponent Home/Away Date Time Location Result
- Noble and Greenough Away Sep 10 2:30 pm Noble and Greenough —
- Choate Rosemary Hall Away Sep 17 3:00 pm Choate Rosemary Hall —
- Canterbury School Away Sep 24 12:00 pm Canterbury School —
- Marianapolis Preparatory School Away Sep 28 4:15 pm Marianapolis Preparatory School —
- Westminster School Away Oct 01 3:30 pm Westminster School —
- Away Oct 08 2:15 pm —
- Pomfret School Home Oct 15 1:00 pm —
- Wilbraham & Monson Academy Away Oct 22 3:00 pm Wilbraham & Monson Academy —
- Williston Northampton School Away Oct 29 3:15 pm Williston Northampton School —
- # Name Hometown
- 9 Samuel Auclair Middletown
- 1 Ishaan Bafna Rocky Hill
- 23 Samuel Bromberg West Hartford
- 10 Dominic Brunalli Plantsville
- 24 Bassil Chughtai Farmington
- 2 Dorian Ciscel
- 11 Alexander Gumkowski
- 3 Leo Kollen West Hartford
- 4 Leonardo Ladewig Manchester
- 25 Daniel Petruzella Farmington
- 12 Oskar Ruser Middletown
- 13 Charles Simons West Hartford
- 14 Edward Simons West Hartford
- 6 Sruthan Tokala Cromwell
Upper School Science
Kenyon College, B.A.[email protected] 860-233-9631 X2311
Fritz received his B.A. in biology from Kenyon College.
Upper School Science
Clark University, M.A.[email protected] 860-233-9631 X2305
Graham Hegeman seeks to spread his love of biology, science, and the natural world to enthusiastic learners. His classroom is a place where students have a real voice and can seek to discover based on their own interests. He strives to create student-centered learning experiences which invite his students to grow as scientists. One of his passions in education is experiential learning. While working toward his master’s degree, he worked with the Massachusetts Audobon Society to develop and deliver an outdoor education curriculum focusing on aquatic and forest ecology.