The Middle School Boys’ B team is a strong start for those athletes that have played basketball before as well as those that are new to the game. The program focuses on fundamental skills, ball movement, and positioning. There is a strong emphasis on teamwork which embodies a core value of KO, demonstrating honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Opponent Home/Away Date Time Location Result
- Williston Northampton School Away Jan 11 3:30 pm Williston Northampton School Loss 35 - 41
- Eaglebrook School Home Jan 18 3:30 pm
- Home Jan 25 3:45 pm Rescheduled
- Renbrook School Away Feb 01 3:45 pm Renbrook School
- Foote School Away Feb 08 3:00 pm Foote School
- Hamden Hall Country Day School Home Feb 14 4:30 pm
- Renbrook School Home Feb 15 3:45 pm
- Rectory School Away Feb 22 4:45 pm Rectory School
- # Name Hometown
You can tell that Matt Kocay loves his job. As the assistant varsity football coach and head coach to KO’s middle school football, basketball, and baseball teams, Matt brings warmth, positivity, and encouragement to his athletes. He believes in the transformative power of sports – not only in terms of athleticism – but in teaching life lessons.
Middle School Science
Alderson Broaddus College, B.A.[email protected] 860-233-9631 X3120
Jeffrey Gonzalez has taught science for 18 years in both public and independent schools. He creates an intellectually stimulating and engaging curriculum for students, and he has an innate ability to relate to students, so they achieve their very best, often with great humor. “I expect high-quality work from all of my students. My classes are always challenging, and I make them that way to push the student to his maximum effort, in order to show the students that he/she can handle the work,” he said. While encouraging his students to move out of their comfort zone, he makes himself readily available through email or during office hours to ensure the student that they are never going it alone.