Kingswood Oxford competes in the Founders League, NEPSAC, and attends High School Nationals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where the girls’ squash team plays many quality programs outside the league. The Wyverns won those same Nationals in 2019. The team works daily to build on a solid base of experience and improve their game physically and mentally. The program focuses on mastering fundamental squash technique and strategy while working toward a high level of fitness and conditioning. The program practices at Kingswood Oxford’s Highland Street Courts, where spectators can watch matches at the four-court facility.
The Wyverns work hard and never waver in their efforts to improve their game. They play consistent and aggressive squash to get the win, using both ends of the court effectively to stay on top of their opponent’s strategy and respond accordingly.
Coach Biondi stresses the players use deep drives and consistent volleys to stay in control, plus a good measure of composure and mettle. They come ready to each match, ready to compete. showcasing their footwork and forehand technique to produce many strong shots.
All Kingswood Oxford athletes have access to our 33-acre campus, with multiple playing fields, an artificial turf field, a multi-purpose fieldhouse, yoga studio, and two fitness centers. Certified athletic trainers are on hand every day to ensure the health, well-being, and development of every student-athlete. Every team also reflects the schools core values, demonstrating honesty, integrity, and respect, learning with passion, and caring beyond self.
- Opponent Home/Away Date Time Location Result
- Loomis Chaffee School Away Nov 30 2:30 pm Loomis Chaffee School
- Home Dec 03 3:00 pm Rescheduled
- Suffield Academy Away Dec 07 2:30 pm Suffield Academy Win 4 - 3
- Ethel Walker School Home Dec 09 5:00 pm Cancelled
- Loomis Chaffee School Home Dec 10 3:00 pm Loss 1 - 6
- Millbrook School Home Jan 07 3:30 pm Loss 4 - 3
- Canterbury School Home Jan 11 3:30 pm Win 5 - 2
- Westminster School Home Jan 14 1:30 pm Loss 3 - 4
- Choate Rosemary Hall Away Jan 18 2:30 pm Choate Rosemary Hall Loss 0 - 7
- Kent School Away Jan 21 2:30 pm Kent School Loss 1 - 6
- Suffield Academy Home Jan 25 2:30 pm Cancelled
- Hopkins School Away Jan 28 1:00 pm Hopkins School
- Pomfret School Away Feb 01 3:00 pm Pomfret School
- Berkshire School Away Feb 08 3:30 pm Berkshire School
- Miss Porter’s School Away Feb 13 4:45 pm Miss Porter's School
- Greens Farms Academy Home Feb 15 4:30 pm
- New England Championship TBD Feb 18 5:00 pm
- New England Championship TBD Feb 19 12:00 pm
- Williston Northampton School Away Feb 22 2:30 pm Williston Northampton School
- # Name Hometown
- Ilianna Brett Canton
- Meredith Decker West Hartford
- Sophia Glazier Tariffville
- Avery Hersh West Hartford
- Annabelle Jacobs Avon
- Sophia Lazor West Hartford
- Hannah Malkin West Hartford
- Ava Marseglia Glastonbury
- Alyssa Tousignant Avon
Upper School English Teacher
Yale University, B.A.[email protected] 860-233-9631 X2481
Cameron grew up in Greenwich, Connecticut and attended Brunswick, an independent school, for 14 years. He hopes to help students build the kind of supportive, growth-oriented environment that he experienced as a student. As an English teacher, he hopes to encourage students’ empathetic engagement with the new perspectives we find in literature. He studied comparative literature in college and has lived in Poland, Italy, and South Korea for brief periods as both an ESL teacher and a student. He loves playing squash, and he looks forward to helping student-athletes take charge of their own personal development on the court. He also enjoys traveling and learning languages.