Get the pulse of life on campus at your fingertips.
Kingswood Oxford is a coeducational, independent day school for strong, motivated students in grades 6-12. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, Kingswood Oxford values academic and co-curricular excellence, ethical citizenry, and meaningful relationships with students and their families.
The Kingswood Oxford campus is on 33 acres in West Hartford, Connecticut – a thriving community known for its culture, entertainment, and family environment. West Hartford was named a 2016 “Best Place to Live” by Money magazine. Learn more about our location and get directions!
- 501 students from 80+ towns in Connecticut, western Massachusetts, Asia, and Europe
- Middle School:150 students
- Upper School: 351 students
Optimal Learning Environment
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 7-to-1
- Average class size: 12-15
- Advisee group size: 7-9
- Teaching faculty: 75; 52% with more than 10 years at Kingswood Oxford
- Advanced degrees: 63% of faculty and staff hold advanced degrees
- Courses: More than 170, including 17 Advanced Placement courses
A Diverse Community
- Students of color: 33%
- Community commitment to equity
- Athletics: 40 Upper School and 17 Middle School interscholastic teams, which includes 23 Varsity teams
- Participates in NEPSAC (New England Preparatory Athletic Council) Division III
- 45 art courses in music, theater, visual and media arts
- Over 40 student-led clubs on campus each year
Tuition & Fees: 2022-2023
- Middle School (Grades 6-8): $40,700
- Upper School (Grades 9-12): $44,900
- Activity Fee: $750
- Books: $400-$800
- Additional expenses that may be incurred include but are not limited to tuition insurance, service trips, supplemental athletic equipment, and gear. Learn more about our streamlined approach to financial assistance.
- Financial Aid received by 53% of students
- Average financial aid award: $22,283
- Scholarships: Merit and Military Family awards
- For more information on financial assistance, visit this page.
- 100% of KO students matriculate to a four-year college or university
- 100% of recent graduates said that KO prepared them well to very well in written work, critical thinking, and communication skills
- 100% of seniors write a long-form thesis paper.
- 90% of students take at least one AP® course before graduation
- 84% of recent graduates participate in community service in their college or university
- 72% of recent graduates hold leadership positions in their college or university
From 80+ towns in CT, MA, Asia, and Europe!
Advanced Placement® Courses
Matriculate to a four-year college or university
Seniors write a long-form thesis paper
Take at least one AP® course before graduation
Hold leadership positions in their college or university
53% of students
Receive financial assistance
Average financial aid award
Students of Color