Academics, athletics, club participation, community service — Kingswood Oxford students lead active lives! The Upper School schedule is designed with this in mind. It provides longer classes, a rotating schedule, and embedded free time so students can learn at a healthy pace.
We modified our schedule for the 2020-21 school year to ensure that it works best for our students' needs. Here are some highlights:
- Daily schedule: 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., other than Thursday (see below)
- Four class periods per day on a rotating schedule (so students don’t have the same class at the start or end of the day)
- Longer class sessions for in-depth learning (60-75 minutes)
- Modified Thursday schedule with a later start and dismissal time (9:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.)
- Students get 90 minutes a week of structured time with their advisee group
- Upper School Assembly: One hour every other Friday for assemblies, performances, guest speakers, etc.