Academics, athletics, club participation, community service — Kingswood Oxford students lead active lives! The Upper School schedule is designed with this in mind. It provides longer classes, a rotating schedule, and embedded free time so students can learn at a healthy pace.
Here’s what makes Kingswood Oxford’s Upper School schedule work for students:
- Daily schedule: 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., other than Thursday (see below)
- Five class periods per day on a rotating schedule (so students don’t have the same class at the start or end of the day)
- Longer class sessions for in-depth learning (60-75 minutes)
- Modified Thursday schedule with a later start and dismissal time (9:00 a.m.- 3:15 p.m.)
- Upper School Asssembly: One hour every other Friday for assemblies, performances, guest speakers, etc.
- Personal Learning Block: One hour every other Friday for independent projects, club activities, extra help, etc.